Sunday 3 October 2010

Journal writing deleted on italki

I wrote a journal entry on italki about the audio recording site Rhino Spike.

Admittedly, although I claimed to be sharing the benefits of the site with italki users, my reasons for writing it were self-serving.

I uploaded a load of Chinese Mandarin sentences on Rhino Spike that I wanted recording to put with my Anki flash cards, to help with my mandarin pronunciation.

These haven't been recorded yet, so I figured I'd try and get a few more Mandarin speakers using the site by writing a little piece about it in Mandarin and posting it on italki.

Anyway, I just received a message from another user telling me that she just saw my entry moments before it was deleted (by the administrators we presume).

Why would they do this?

They don't want competition from other language sites?

These two sites are hardly in direct competition. And I'd have thought if italki really wanted to help their users, they'd at least encourage this sort of information sharing.

Seems like overkill on their part to me. They see another website being talked about and they immedietely delete the entry?

Is this what the internet is about?

Or is Rhino Spike a blacklisted site in mainland China?

I can't really see why.

Anyway, here's my entry for those poor souls at italki!

一个实用的网站


我觉得这个网的概念非常好。

大家知道这个网站马?

http://rhinospike.com

你的想听的外语文章能录被讲母语的人录下来。

我想录的上载句子很多。

你有空就看看一下这个网站

No comments:

Post a Comment