Tuesday 16 November 2010

JLPT test voucher

I've finally received the test voucher for the Japanese Proficiency Test (JLPT).

I say finally, because I actually applied for the test around August/September time, and what with the amount of paperwork and the stamp address envelopes and registered mail things I had to sign seal and approve to get the thing sent off, I was expecting a pretty quick reply—-at least a 'thanks for applying, we'll be in touch' card or something.

When I didn't get this, I began to wonder if my application had actually been lost in the post, along with my 5000 yen, and I must admit, I actually had a bit of a chuckle to myself about the irony of it all. (I'm not sure why, but secretly I actually love it when the Japanese bureaucracy machine grinds to a halt. I guess it's the part of me that's filled out one too many forms just to justify my right to stay here.)

But anyway, the fact of the matter was I wasn't actually that bothered about my application getting lost. To be honest, since applying I've hardly spent any time studying Japanese. (I have a class every week that I still attend.) And my initial intention in applying was only as a sort of dry run, before taking the thing for real next year.

However, now I have a test centre, and a date and time to focus my mind, so I guess I better do something about it. I have two and a half weeks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment