Wednesday 30 March 2011

Ideas for journal entries

Been getting back into language studying after the past couple of weeks of craziness here in Tokyo. It was pretty hard to concentrate on other things while you have half your mind on the next aftershock, and the other half on the latest radiation readings in the area.

Anyhow, I'm starting to get back into the swing of things now, and I've been using Lang8 again a bit more recently. I seem to go through input and output phases, (I tend to output more in the way of writing rather than speaking at the moment, which I need to work on) and now I seem to have gone into output mode again by writing on my Lang8 blog.

The challenge with writing a daily journal is finding something to write about. I don't think my life is dull, but I don't seem to have the motivation to write about the ins and outs of daily life (again, I should probably work on this).

One tool I have been using to generate ideas however is the stumbleupon.com website. This website enables you to "stumble" almost randomly around the internet to find sites that other people have labeled as interesting. I say almost randomly, because the sites you do actually stumble through are regulated by your settings page where you can specify what your interests are, and thereby only stumble onto sites that are related to these interests. I find this site gives me some good ideas for journal entries on Lang8.

Writing this though I realise I should try to work on writing (and speaking) about more mundane day-to-day topics: as these are the kind of topics and language that I probably need to be more familiar with on a daily basis.

OK, that's my goal for this evening. One Lang8 entry about my day today. Hope it's not too dull!!

No comments:

Post a Comment