Sunday 9 May 2010

Spring has arrived, so I'm inside

Decided to also take a systematic approach to a Chinese grammar book that I own, 中国語会話。The great thing about this book for me is that it's aimed at Japanese people, but the Chinese is at a fairly basic level; therefore, I get to review some Japanese as I study the Chinese grammar. My decision to go through this book came about after my Chinese lesson on Friday. The pronunciation, as everyone says, is very difficult, and it's clear to me that it's going to take a lot of practice to get anywhere near comfortable with it. To that end, I've decided to bring my study indoors. I've always liked to study in a local coffee shop or library, but to make progress with the Chinese pronunciation it really is necessary to get your toungue around it, so for the sake of my own fragile confidence and the well-being of other coffee shop-goers I think I'll be working on this one from home.

Fortunately, spring has finally arrived in Tokyo, and my apartment lends itself well to warm weather (i.e. in the winter it is a small prison cell; in the spring / summer I can open the large windows and enjoy the fresh air).

No comments:

Post a Comment